Video Length: 1 minute 14 seconds
- 4 tbsp Hojicha Powder
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Pecans, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 6-inch (or 8-inch) square cake pan.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Add hojicha powder, salt, and baking powder and whisk together.
- Place softened butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl and mix well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix thoroughly. Add crushed nuts.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick or skewer stuck in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely, then cut it into 16 pieces (or 9 pieces if you prefer a bigger brownie!)
Note: Using a hand mixer is recommended.