Mother’s Day is an auspicious day for most. Making your mother feel special in order to thank her for all of her sacrifices is important. Below are five awesome brunch ideas that you can use in order to make Mother’s Day extra special, along with a glass of mimosa or other drink of choice.
Sweet and easy to make, crepes are a specialty that will quickly become a staple in your diet. They are actually easier to make than pancakes or waffles.
Also, while pancakes and waffles are usually topped with some yummy maple syrup, you can add almost anything to crepes because of their versatility.
For example, you can add some mushroom gravy, some gruyere cheese, or Nutella. Of course, if you are looking for something a little more traditional, you can top off your crepes with your mother’s favorite fruits.
- Butter to coat your pan
- A cup of flour
- Half a cup of water
- Three tablespoons of butter (melted)
- A three-quarter cup of milk
- Two eggs (large)
- Throw all of your ingredients into your blender and pulse for 10 seconds. Once your crepe batter is ready, you will need to place it in the fridge for 60 minutes. The batter will have no issues whatsoever during the first 48 hours.
- Next, take a small nonstick pan and heat it. Coat the pan with some butter. Pour an ounce of crepe batter into it, and ensure that the batter is spread evenly. Cook the batter for 30 seconds before you flip it over.
- Continue to cook for an additional 10 seconds before placing it on your board. Allow them to cool on your cutting board. Continue this cooking process until you run out of batter. Sealable plastic bags are strongly recommended for storage.
- Allow everything to cool off before you stack them in your plastic bags. You can keep them frozen in your freezer for up to two months if you wish. Or, you can store them in your refrigerator for many days instead.
- If you opt to use frozen crepes, then you need to take them out of your freezer 20–30 minutes ahead of time in order to sufficiently thaw. Then, gently peel them apart and add the toppings of your choice.
2. Blueberry Crumb Cake
You can’t go wrong with blueberry crumb cake. Your mom will absolutely relish them! Enjoy the perfect density of crumble and cake in order to delight the senses. Fluffy and light, blueberry crumb cake is a superb choice for Mother’s Day.
The blueberry swirl will provide a zest of freshness and wonder that will help start Mother’s Day on the right foot.
In order to make the topping:
- One and a third cups of flour, all-purpose
- A quarter cup sugar, white
- A stick of melted and salted butter
- A third cup of sugar, brown
- One teaspoon of allspice, ground
- One and a quarter teaspoons of cinnamon, ground
In order to make the cake:
- One and a quarter cups of blueberries, fresh
- A teaspoon of baking powder
- Three eggs, large
- A quarter teaspoon of baking soda
- One and a quarter cups of all-purpose flour
- A three-quarter cup of sugar, white
- A two-third cup of sour cream
- Six tablespoons of butter, salted
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Half a teaspoon of lemon zest
- To start cooking, you will need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a nine-inch cake pan and proceed to flour and butter it. To make the topping, you will need to amalgamate your allspice, brown sugar, cinnamon, and white sugar.
- Stir in your melted butter as soon as you are done mixing the ingredients together. You will then need to beat in your flour. Once done, set the pan aside.
- Next, take the butter and white sugar and beat them together in a separate bowl. Continue to beat until the material reaches a creamy consistency. Proceed to add your eggs one by one, beating between additions.
- After you are done beating the eggs, toss in your lemon zest, vanilla extract, and sour cream. Next, take a separate bowl and add your baking soda and powder to it along with your flour. You will need to sift the ingredients into the bowl.
- Then, mix everything into the wet ingredients. You will then need to fold in your blueberries. Next, take your batter and spoon it into the cake mix that has been prepared. Proceed to sprinkle on your topping.
- Finally, bake in your oven that has been preheated. Place a toothpick in the center. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the toothpick comes out completely on its own.
Rabanadas serve as the Portuguese version of French toast and are usually served as dessert with some wine. It is also commonly served as a Christmas dessert in many parts of South America.
It is quite sweet and is arguably superior to conventional French toast.
- A loaf of French bread
- Two cups of milk, ideally 2%
- Four large eggs
- Some oil
- Two tablespoons of cinnamon, ground
- A cup of sugar
- Mix your cinnamon and sugar in a bowl until nicely blended. Whisk your milk and eggs in a shallow dish. Cut your bread into one-inch slices, and then dip both sides in the egg mix.
- Heat your oil to 350 degrees in an electric skillet. Remove your bread slices from the egg, and allow them to drain. Fry your bread for 120 to 180 seconds on each side. Once they are golden brown, you will need to drain them on some fresh paper towels.
- Next, take your Rabanadas and coat them in your cinnamon sugar. You can serve them either at room temperature or nice and warm, if you wish.
4. Spanish Tortillas
You can cook them with eggs, onions, and sliced potatoes, and they can be enjoyed with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They are also easier to prepare than raw potatoes.
- Eight large eggs
- A thinly sliced onion
- Two pounds of potatoes that have been peeled, quartered, and cut
- Two and a half teaspoons of salt
- One and a half cups of olive oil
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add salt, onions, and potatoes. Coat the potatoes with some oil. Lower the heat to medium-low and turn frequently. Do so for 20 minutes. Move the onions and potatoes to a bowl.
- Add the eggs and stir. Strain your oil into a cup, and then wipe out the skillet. Proceed to heat three tablespoons of oil in your skillet over medium-high. Add your potato-egg amalgam and cook. Stir constantly for two minutes.
- Spread the amalgam into a layer and then turn down the heat to medium-low. Next, take your broiler and preheat it to high. Proceed to cook your tortilla while shaking it every now and then. Continue to do so for 12 minutes.
- Move your skillet over to your oven and broil until the tortilla is cooked. This should take two minutes. Next, remove everything from the oven. Take a plate and invert it over the skillet. Flip in order to release the tortilla onto your plate.
- Allow it to cool for 20 minutes before serving.
5. Banana Pancakes
Soft, moist, and fluffy, if you have a few fresh bananas in the kitchen, then put them to good use with this simple banana pancake recipe.
- A tablespoon of cinnamon
- Two bananas, ripe
- Half a cup of oats
- Two bananas
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Start by mashing your bananas in a bowl. Mix in your vanilla and eggs before you add your cinnamon and oats. Heat your skillet to medium heat before you add a scoop of the batter. Cook for three minutes.
- Flip and cook for an additional two minutes. Next, garnish your pancakes with your mother’s favorites. We would suggest maple syrup, walnuts, and some banana slices, but you can add anything that your heart desires.
- All that’s left to do is serve. The aforementioned recipe was designed for four servings, so you can also enjoy them with your mother or save them for another day if you wish.
Celebrate Every Day as Mother’s Day
Don’t be shy about giving mom a toast over brunch with a festive cocktail (or mocktail). If she often opts for a fruity margarita, try combining tequila, mango juice, triple sec, and lime juice in a shaker with some ice. Serve it in a lime-rimmed glass dipped in chili powder and salt for a refreshing Mango Margarita. If she prefers to enjoy her brunch with a mocktail instead, try shaking up some fresh mashed raspberries, elderflower syrup, cranberry juice, and apple juice for a fragrant glass of Raspberry Elderflower Mocktail.
If you are looking for more Mother’s Day recipes, then HelloFresh can help.
Simply pick the meal you want, and all of the ingredients will be sent, pre-cut and pre-measured, to your door, along with the recipe you need to prepare the meal. No more running to the store in order to find what you need.
Save time and money on gas and simply find what you need with a few clicks on the HelloFresh website. Hundreds of recipes are available, so you should find a few choices that will make your mother’s palette dance with joy!
We hope that our easy-to-prepare and delicious recipes will help your mother feel like royalty. Let your mother take the day off and treat her like the queen that she is to show her you care with our amazing and spectacular Mother’s Day recipes!